A few months ago I was asked to test out a Clarisonic Mia 2. I agreed but I didn’t say yes because I was longing for this product. I said yes because I didn’t believe the product was as good as the testimonials claimed it to be. I’ve never been a fan or believer in gimmicks. I am also pretty lame when it comes to beauty and skincare. I’m useless at doing my make-up, painting my nails and struggle at simple tasks like round brushing my hair. I just don’t have the patience and like things quick and easy. I was worried that a product like the Clarisonic Mia 2 would just complicate my basic skin care ritual and take up too much time. As you can see, I was not their ideal target market. Or was I? As it turns out, every doubt and concern I had about using Clarisonic is long gone and I am a big believer. I can honestly say I love my Clarisonic Mia 2 and see why so many other women do too, including Oprah!
Here are just some of the reasons I personally love about my Clarisonic Mia 2 and why I think it’s worth investing in:
1) No extra time added to my skin care routine in the mornings or night! This is a big win for me. In fact, it speeds the process up for me with less mess. Before, I spent ages scrubbing BB cream off my skin with a face cloth and then splashing my face with water getting it all over the counter and floor. Now I just turn the Clarisonic on, let the soft bristles do the work, rinse my face and done. My skin in ten times cleaner and less irritated and it doesn’t look like a flood happened on my counter.
2) My moisturizers and BB cream go on so much smoother and absorb so much better! I sound like an ad, but I swear to you I noticed this within my first week of using my Mia 2. Because my skin is so much cleaner, my pores can really benefit from my face moisturizers making my pores appear smaller, the crease in my forehead seem less noticeable, and really even out my skin tones. Because of the improved absorption, I get so much more mileage out of my face cream and BB cream, not needing to use as much too. Now I finally can see the results of my moisturizers and BB cream because they can actually do their job, which I why I bought them in the first place!
3) My skin is very sensitive to touch, especially my face, and certain products I’ve used in the past to help with my dry skin have scratched my skin and caused redness. The brush head on the Clarisonic is so soft, it feels good on my skin and leaves zero irritation. To my disbelief, my dry skin issues are totally gone. My nose, lips and forehead always peeled year round. I hated it! I was always so embarrassed and would cake on moisturizers and lip balms which caused breakouts. I would try and scrub the dead skin cells off with face buffers which made my skin worse, and using BB cream just highlighted my dry skin issues making my face look like it was cracking. This was a real insecurity for me for years! But ever since I started using Clarisonic, I no longer have these skin issues and I really can’t believe it.
4) Another big seller for me is that you can use your existing skin care products. You don’t have to purchase all the Clarisonic products in order to see “guaranteed” results. It’s not one of those multi-step processes where you have to use their cleanser, then their toner, then their face cream in order for the product to work on your skin. Just use whatever skin products work best for your skin type as you always did. The only change to your skin care routine will be using the Clarisonic to gently whip up your cleanser into a nice frothy foam all over your face and then rinse. Quick, easy, painless and no up-sells.
Side note: I will admit though, I got some of the Refreshing Gel Cleanser by Clarisonic to try and I actually love it too. It’s very gentle, removes makeup like a pro-star and it’s a nice light gel that really foams up, perfect for summer skin care. So if you are looking to change cleansers then I recommend giving it a try.
5) Changing brush heads and charging is super easy, quick and the pLink charger is really cool technology.
Side Note about changing brush heads: You can actually buy different brush heads to suit your skin’s needs as the seasons change. They also have a body brush head too.
6) Take it with you anywhere! Comes with a protective plastic case, fits in your toiletries bag and can travel with you. Clarisonic does make a travel edition one, but my Mia 2 is portable enough and easy to pack.
If you would like to get your hands on one of these amazing beauty tools then please tune in on twitter Wednesday, July 10th, at 8pm for a #sonicrevolution chat. I’ll be co-hosting along with @ValTorontoGal and @Clarisonic_CA experts to answer all of your questions, concerns and more. The best part is we’ll be giving away 2 Clarisonic’s to 2 lucky participants! So be sure to join us, have some fun, and tweet us for a chance to WIN!